We know that this is a great chance to get started on a career in the film industry, so if you are eligible and interested please see details below, or share with someone you think it could be of interest to - HURRY - applications close on 21st February.
FDA TRAINEE SCHEME: Applications are now open! The trainee scheme runs from April - December 2017.
Do you love film and want to gain crucial film business experience?
We are looking to recruit ambitious trainees from across the UK who display these attributes:
• Passion for film
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Experience of using Microsoft Office packages and email
• Ability to work as part of a team
• A desire to learn
The scheme aims to recruit a majority of candidates from these underrepresented groups in the film industry: Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people and those who consider themselves to be disabled.
This scheme is delivered under section 37 of the Race Relations Act. (Applicants are entitled to decline to share information about their ethnic origin or if they consider themselves to be disabled, should they wish to do so).
Trainees will undertake an office-based placement in a film distribution, or international sales organisations. As well as gaining hands-on experience of working in the film industry, the trainee placements will be enhanced with regular industry insider training to provide the trainees with a comprehensive overview of the film industry.
• Placements at distribution and international sales companies will take place in London due to the nature of the film industry.
• Trainees will work full-time (defined as 35 hours per week) in host companies, and will regularly attend training sessions with the other trainees which will further enhance their employ-ability skills and knowledge of the film industry.
• Trainees will be paid a monthly training allowance equivalent to a percentage of London Living Wage
• Trainees will also be entitled to holidays (totalling 20 days a year pro rata subject to agreement with their host organisation).
• Be recent college/school leavers
• Be new entrants to the film industry i.e. not have more than twelve months industry work experience be it continuous or discontinuous / paid or unpaid.
• Be UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.
How to Apply
To apply for a trainee role with a Distribution or Sales company please CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for all applications to be received is 5pm on 21st February 2017.
Please note due to the anticipated volume of applications it will not be possible to provide feedback to candidates who do not pass the first stage of selection.
Placements will commence on 3 April and run until December 22 2017.
Want to have your opportunity showcased on She Inspired Her?
Contact us HERE